HC Deb 14 April 1964 vol 693 cc31-2W
42. Mr. A. Lewis

asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs why he has no information as to the amount of land taken over by the County Borough of West Ham for housing, schools and other public services from 1951 to date, together with the costs involved; what action he has taken during the last month to obtain this information from the West Ham Council; and whether he will now request this Council to supply him with all relevant information.

Sir K. Joseph

Local authorities can acquire land without my consent. Nor is a running record kept of acquisition by particular authorities made with consent. My Department does not therefore have the information for which the hon. Member asks. I have not asked the county borough for it because it does not seem to me that information in this form would have any real value.