§ Sir J. Gilmour
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland whether, in view of the growing use of water for domestic, industrial and agricultural purposes, he will reconstitute the Scottish Water Advisory Committee.
§ Mr. Maclay
Yes. I have decided to reconstitute this Committee, primarily to advise me on the organisation of water supply and distribution best adapted to meet present and future needs in central Scotland. The members of the new Committee are:
- Craig Mitchell, Esq., C.B. (Chairman).
- P. L. Aitken, Esq., M.Sc., M.I.C.E.
- S. F. Carruthers, Esq., F.L.A.S.
- J. W. Fletcher, Esq., B.Sc., A.R.C.S. & T., M.I.C.E., M.I.W.E.
- Thomas Gibb, Esq.
- George D. Grant, Esq., B.L.
- A. L. Imrie, Esq., C.B.E., C.A., F.I.M.T.A.
- Thomas W. Leslie, Esq., M.I.W.E
- Robert McGill, Esq.
- A. H. Martin, Esq., B.L.
- George Sharp, Esq.
- A. E. R. Taylor, Esq., B.Sc., A.R.I.C.
- I. B. L. Weir, B.Sc., M.B. Ch.B., D.P.H., D.P.A.