§ 82. Mr. A. Evans
asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs the names and qualifications of the members of each new town corporation appointed or reappointed during the past 12 months.
§ Sir K. Joseph
The following table gives the information asked for:
- C. S. Robinson, Esq., C.B.E. (Chairman), previously Director General of R.O.F. Filling Factories and Chairman of (General Chemicals) Ltd.
- W. N. Davis, Esq., O.B.E. (Deputy Chairman), former headmaster of St. Helens Auckland School, previously member and Chairman of Bishop Auckland Urban District Council.
- A. J. Alsop, Esq., C.B.E., Partner in the firm of Alsop and Eltringham, Accountants, of Darlington. Alderman of Darlington County Borough Council.
- Mrs. T. J. Cahill, Partner in the firm of Reavell and Cahill, Architects, of Alnwick and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- J. R. S. Middlewood, Esq., District Supervisor, British Railways. Alderman of Durham County Council and member of Bishop Auckland Urban District Council.
- C. U. Peat, Esq., M.C., Partner in Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co., Accountants. Previously M.P. for Darlington.
- T. H. Summerson, Esq., Managing Director of Summerson and Sons Ltd. Member and previous Chairman of Darlington Rural District Council.
- Sir Ambrose Dundas, K.C.I.E., C.S.I. (Chairman), previously General Manager of Bracknell Development Corporation and Governor of the Isle of Man.
- C. D. Pilcher, Esq. (Deputy Chairman), Partner in the firm of Graves, Son and Pilcher, Surveyors of Brighton.
- Mrs. L. N. Brooke, Member of House Committees of Heatherwood Orthopaedic Hospital, Ascot and Pinewood Sanatorium, Crowthorne. Member of Easthampstead Rural District Council.
- J. R. Colville, Esq., C.B., C.V.O., previously Private Secretary to H.M. The Queen (when H.R.H. the Princess Elizabeth) and to two Prime Ministers.
- W. M. Hopkins, Esq., Member and previously Mayor of Southall Borough Council.
- Mrs. E. Jarvis, Chairman of Governors of Easthampstead Park Training College and Deputy Chairman of Reading Technical College. Alderman of Berkshire County Council.
- Sir Richard Costain, C.B.E. (Chairman), Chairman and Joint Managing Director, Richard Costain Ltd.
- T. H. Joyce, Esq. (Deputy Chairman), Alderman, and previously Mayor, of Edmonton Borough Council; Member and previous Chairman of Middlesex County Council.
- J. P. Brown, Esq., Research Chemist, Revertex Ltd., Harlow.
- R. G. Leach. Esq., O.B.E., Partner in Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co., Accountants.
- Lady Meynell, D.B.E., previously Under-Secretary, Board of Trade.
- L. E. Norton, Esq., Director of Key Glassworks, Ltd., Harlow.
- Lord Taylor, Visiting Research Fellow, Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust. Previously M.P. for Barnet.
- Colonel H. H. Peile, O.B.E., T.D. (Chairman), Director of Newcastle and Gateshead Water Company. Member of Northern Gas Board. Chairman of Washington Engineering Ltd., and Weardale Lead Co. Ltd.
- W. Baines, Esq. (Deputy Chairman), Alderman and previous Chairman of Durham County Council.
- H. Lee, Esq., M.B.E., former Headmaster of Seaham Modern Secondary School.
- E. Moore, Esq., formerly President of Durham Miners' Association.
- H. O'Neill, Esq., previously Member of Easington Rural District Council and Chairman of Peterlee Parish Council.
- Mrs. K. J. Sansom, Member of Darlington Old People's Welfare Committee and Committee of St. Agnes Home, Darlington. Previously Mayoress of Darlington.
- L. Slater, Esq., Master of University College, Durham.
- H. S. Tegner, Esq., Managing Director, Scott and Turner, Ltd., Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Member of Board of Governors of Rutherford College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- A. F. Tuke, Esq., Local Director (Luton and Cambridge), Barclays Bank Ltd.
Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
- Sir Harold Fieldhouse, K.B.E., C.B., previously Secretary of the National Assistance Board.
- Mrs. E. Hutchin, Wife of a general practitioner in Hatfield.
- S. A. W. Johnson-Marshall, Esq., C.B.E., previously Chief Architect, Ministry of Education, and Deputy County Architect, Hertfordshire and the Isle of Ely County Councils.