§ Mrs. Braddock
asked the Minister of Health to publish in HANSARD the names, ages and qualifications of the present 25 members of the General Nursing Council, as required in the schedule to the Nurses Registration Act, 1919.
§ Miss Hornsby-Smith
The names and qualifications of the present 34 members of the General Nursing Council who were elected or appointed in accordance with the Nurses Act, 1949, are listed below. Information about their ages is not available.
1. (a) Registered General Nurses (elected by registered nurses on an area basis)
- Miss J. M. Loveridge, Matron, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London.
- Miss D. Baldock, Principal Sister Tutor, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford.
- Miss C. F. S. Bell, Matron, Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Miss N. M. Dixon, Deputy General Superintendent, Queens Institute of District Nursing.
- Miss L. G. Duff Grant, Matron, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Principal, United Manchester Hospital School of Nursing. President, National Council of Nurses.
- Miss A. A. Graham, Superintendent Health Visitor, Northumberland County Council.
- Miss M. M. Knox, Superintendent, Queen's Institute of District Nursing, Training Home, Liverpool.
- Miss M. J. Marriott, Matron, Middlesex Hospital, London. W.1.
- Miss L. J. Ottley, Matron, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. President of Royal College of Nursing.
- Miss K. A. Raven, Matron, General Infirmary, Leeds.
- Miss C. A. Smaldon, Matron, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- Miss D. M. Smith, Matron, Guy's Hospital, London, S.E.1.
- Miss M. J. Smith, Matron of St. Thomas' Hospital and Superintendent of Nightingale Training School, London, S.E.1.
- Miss J. Todd, Superintendent Nursing Officer and Supervisor of Midwives, Radnorshire.
(b) Registered Mental Nurses (elected by Registered Mental Nurses)
- C. Bartlett, Esq., Senior Charge Nurse, Moorhaven Hospital, Ivybridge.
- Miss W. V. Waters, Assistant Matron, St. Lawrence's Hospital, Caterham.
(c)Registered Sick Children's Nurse (elected by registered sick children's nurses)
- Miss D. A. Lane, Formerly Matron, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, London.
2. Members appointed by the Minister of Health.
- (a) Nurses employed by local health authorities
- Miss F. E. Lillywhite, Superintendent Health Visitor, Buckinghamshire.
- Mrs. D. R. Dosseter, (Calder), Chief Nursing Officer. London County Council.
(b) Nurse Tutors
- Miss R. M. B. Darroch, Senior Sister Tutor, Liverpool Royal Infirmary.
- Miss D. L. Holland, Principal Sister Tutor, Guy's Hospital.
(c) Male Registered Nurse
- A. J. Sayer, Esq., Senior Tutor. Hackney Hospital, London.
(d) Registered Nurse in charge of a ward in an approved training institution
- Miss E. M. Hedges, Ward Sister. Nottingham General Hospital.
177 (e) Hospital Administrators
- P. H. Constable, Esq., Secretary and House Governor, St. George's Hospital, London.
- V. W. Grosvenor, Esq., Chairman, Birmingham Regional Hospital Board.
- Dr. D. E. Sands, Medical Superintendent, St. Ebba's Hospital, Epsom.
(f) Unclassified Appointments
- Professor R. M. F. Picken, Provost, Welsh National School of Medicine.
- H. G. Trayer, Esq., Medical Superintendent, Baguley Sanatorium, Manchester.
- Miss M. G. Lawson, Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Ministry of Health.
3. Members appointed by the Minister of Education.
- Miss A. Catnach, Formerly Headmistress Putney County School for Girls.
- Dr. Ewing, Formerly H.M. Inspector of Schools.
- L. Tait, Esq., Chief Education Officer and Clerk to Joint Board, Peterborough.
4. Members appointed by the Privy Council.
- J. Diamond, Esq., Chartered Accountant.
- Professor J. Whillis, Professor of Anatomy, University of London.