§ Sir W. Darling
asked the Minister of Food the location of slaughterhouses in Scotland; and what proposals he has to add to their number.
§ Major Lloyd George
I have no record of all the licensed slaughterhouses in Scotland, but my Department is using slaughterhouses at the undermentioned places. I have no proposals at present to add to the number we are now using.
- Aberdeenshire: Aberdeen, Fraserburgh, Inverurie, Peterhead, Turriff.
- Angus: Arbroath, Brechin, Dundee, Forfar. Montrose.
- Argyllshire: Campbeltown, Dunoon Oban.
- Ayrshire: Ayr, Girvan, Kilmarnock, Kilwinning, Largs.
- Caithness: Thurso, Wick.
- Clackmannanshire: Alloa.
- Dunbartonshire: Dumbarton.
- Dumfriesshire: Annan, Dumfries, Eastriggs, Lockerbie, Racks, Thornhill.
- East Lothian: Haddington, North Berwick.
- Fifeshire: Anstruther, Buckhaven, Cowdenbeath, Cupar.
- Lanarkshire: Bellshill, Biggar, Coatbridge, Glasgow, Hamilton, Lanark, Larkhall, Mother-well, Shotts, Strathaven, Symington, Wishaw.
- Midlothian: Dalkeith, Edinburgh.
- Morayshire: Elgin, Forres, Grantown-on-Spey.
- Nairn: Nairn.
- Renfrewshire: Greenock, Johnstone, Paisley.
- Ross and Cromarty: Dingwall, Invergordon, Stornoway, Tain.
- Roxburghshire: Hawick, Kelso.
- Selkirkshire: Galashiels.
- Stirlingshire: Falkirk, Stirling.
used in the manufacture of home-produced cheese and condensed milk, respectively, for the years 1950 and 1951; and what proportion, in each case, the quantity so used bears to the total milk production.
§ Major Lloyd George
Milk used in the manufacture of home-produced cheese and condensed milk in the years 1950 and 1951:
- Sutherland: Dornoch.
- West Lothian: Armadale, Linlithgow.
- Ayrshire: Saltcoats, Troon.
- Banffshire: Banff, Buckie, Dufftown, Keith.
- Berwickshire: Duns.
- Bute: Rothesay.
- Fifeshire: Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Lochgelly, Markinch, St. Andrews.
- Inverness-shire: Fort William, Inverness.
- Kincardineshire: Banchory.
- Kirkcudbrightshire: Castle Douglas.
- Peeblesshire: Broughton, Peebles.
- Perthshire: Aberfeldy, Biairgowrie, Crieff. Dunblane, Perth, Pitlochry.
- Wigtownshire: Newton Stewart, Stranraer.