HC Deb 02 August 1951 vol 491 cc237-8W
78. Mr. H. Hynd

asked the Minister of Labour if he will extend until 31st March, 1952, the period during which Poles resident in this country can obtain visas to enable them to avail themselves of Government assistance under the Polish Emigration Scheme.

Mr. Robens

No. It was announced last year that Government assistance would be available to those who obtained visas up to the end of September, 1951. These men will then have had five years in which to take advantage of this scheme, and a further extension would not be justified.