HC Deb 21 November 1950 vol 481 c37W
Mr. Wood

asked the Minister of Labour if his regulations, announced in his reply on 7th November, apply to a man who has been refused by a university, but only for the reason that his two-year period of National Service would have extended beyond October, 1951.

Mr. Isaacs

Yes, provided he will have served at least 18 months before release and can, when he applies for early release, produce evidence of acceptance by a university.