HC Deb 07 December 1950 vol 482 cc71-2W
Mr. Parker

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what facilities are given to members of the Diplomatic and Colonial Services to vote in this country, either by proxy or postal vote.

Mr. Ede

Section 10 of the Representation of the People Act, 1949, and regulation 54 of the Representation of the People Regulations, 1950, give a service qualification, which carries with it the right to vote by proxy, to Crown servants abroad who are paid wholly out of moneys provided by Parliament. This includes members of the Foreign Service but not Colonial Crown servants.

Forward to