HC Deb 31 July 1946 vol 426 c201W
Mr. Hollis

asked the President of the Board of Trade what associations or organisations, additional to the United Nations Association, are being allowed the quantity of paper which they have indicated is essential for their needs.

Sir S. Cripps

In general, licences for paper are based on the consumption in an appropriate previous period. Where this basis is not suitable, licences are generally issued for the minimum quantity considered essential after consideration by the Control to the needs of the association or other body concerned, but it would not be possible without detailed investigation to enumerate the cases which have arisen from time to time.