HC Deb 06 February 1945 vol 407 c1935W
Captain Prescott

asked the Minister of Agriculture what are the usual sinking fund contributions calculated by local authorities in effecting improvements to leased agricultural buildings; and whether he is satisfied as to their general reasonableness.

Mr. Hudson

Where capital improvements are carried out by the landlord of agricultural land it is usual for increased rent to be charged to the tenant and the increase is a matter for agreement between the parties. I have no information of the general arrangements on these matters between the local authorities that own agricultural land and their tenants; and I should in any case, have no power to intervene.