HC Deb 20 October 1943 vol 392 cc1396-7W
Sir J. Lucas

asked the Secretary of State for War whether soldiers on discharge are given the option of having either a crossed cheque or a draft for the whole or part payable at a post office on production of their Army papers; and, if payment is not possible at a post office, will he consider this alternative method?

Sir J. Grigg

The answer to the first part of the Question is "No, Sir," but I am considering whether the present system should be modified.