HC Deb 15 July 1943 vol 391 c380W
Mr. Bossom

asked the Minister of Town and Country Planning, as local authorities have been instructed to consult the recently appointed regional planning officers in connection with their post-war housing schemes, what is the basis of the advice planning officers can give; and have they any authority to insist upon such advice being followed as this House as not yet approved any codes or laws to control town and country planning?

Mr. W. S. Morrison

The advice given by regional planning officers in the matter referred to is directed to assisting housing authorities to select sites which will fit in with any major planning or development schemes, as directed by my right hon. Friend the Minister of Health in the circular which he addressed to the housing authorities on 4th March, 1943. As regards the last part of the Question, my right hon. Friend, who is working in close consultation with me on this matter, and, I am sure, the housing authorities, would take fully into account any advice given by a regional planning officer.