§ Mr. A. Edwards
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland the names of his Medical Advisory Committee and his Scientific Advisory Committee?
As regards my Medical Advisory Committee, I am sending my hon. Friend a copy of my reply to the hon. and gallant Member for Pollok (Commander Galbraith) on 16th February, 1943. Since that date Colonel Inch has resigned from membership on account of military duties. The following are the names of the present members of my Scientific Advisory Committee:1830W
- Sir John Orr, D.S.O., M.C., M.A., M.D., D.Sc. (Chairman).
- Professor Carl H. Browning, M.D., D.P.H., F.R.S.
- Professor F. A. E. Crew, M.D., D. Sc., Ph.D.
- Professor I. de Burgh Daly, M.A., M. D.
- Sir John Fraser, Bart., K.C.V.O., M.C., M. D., F.R.C. S.
- Professor D. Murray Lyon, M.D., D.Sc., F.P.C.P.E., D.P.H., F.R.S.E.
- Sir Alex. Macgregor, O.B.E., M.D., D.P.H.
- Professor T. J. Mackie, M.D., D.P.H.
- Sir Edward Mellanby, M.D., F.R.C.P., F.R.S. (Secretary of Medical Research Council).
- Professor W. J. Tulloch, O.B.E., M. D.
It is a practice of the Scientific Advisory Committee to delegate special investigations to expert Sub-Committees to which non-members are co-opted.