HC Deb 11 September 1942 vol 383 cc539-40W
Sir R. Glyn

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs what decision has been reached regarding American citizens who have been serving with the British Royal Air Force and Army as to whether they may remain or whether they must transfer to the United, States forces; and what arrangements have been made regarding pension and disablement pay?

Mr. Law

Glad as His Majesty's Government would be to retain their services, citizens of the United States serving with the Army or Royal Air Force may, if they so desire and if the American authorities concerned are willing to accept them, transfer to the United States forces. In the event of such transfers taking place, any pensions or disability retired pay which may become payable in respect of disablement due to service in the British forces will be the liability of His Majesty's Government.