HC Deb 19 March 1940 vol 358 cc1822-3W
Mr. Pethick-Lawrence

asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury what steps to claim compensation should be taken by persons whose property has suffered damage in the British Isles in the course of enemy air raids?

Captain Crookshank

Claimants under the Government's compensation scheme for war damage to property should make a claim on a form which can be obtained in Great Britain at the local town hall or the office of the local authority, or at the. office of the local district valuer, Inland Revenue Department, and in Northern Ireland at the office of the Commissioner of Valuation, Armagh House, Ormeau Avenue, Belfast. The form contains the necessary instructions for its completion.