§ Mr. Lambert
asked the Minister of Agriculture whether he will state the names of the members of the Livestock Commission appointed under the Livestock Industry Act, 1937, together with the remuneration of each member?
§ Mr. W. S. Morrison
The names of members of the Livestock Commission are as follow:
- Lieut.-Colonel Sir John Robert Chancellor, G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O., D.S.O. (Chairman)
- Sir Francis Theodore Boys, K.B.E. (Vice-Chairman).
- George Dallas, Esq., J.P.
- Sir Robert Greig, M.C., LL.D., D.Sc.
- Sir Harold Gibson Howitt, D.S.O., M.C., F.C.A.
- R. N. Jones, Esq.
- J. M. Newnham, Esq., O.B.E., D.L., J.P., LL.D.
- Sir John Boyd Orr, D.S.O., M.C., M.A., M.D., D.Sc., F.R.S.
- The Hon. Jasper Nicholas Ridley, J.P., M.A.
The present position in regard to remuneration is as follows:
- (i) The Chairman received an honorarium of £500 for the year ended 31st July, 1938.
- (ii) The Vice-Chairman receives a fixed honorarium at the rate of £750 per annum, which covers, also, his travelling expenses between his home and the Commission's offices.
- (iii) Other members are entitled to a fee of £5 5s. for each attendance at a meeting of the Livestock Commission or of the Livestock Advisory Committee and its three statutory subcommittees.