asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he will give the names of those serving on the Co-ordination Committee, also those serving on the Inter-aid Committee, dealing with the German refugee problem; and whether on these committees there are representatives specially selected because of their knowledge and interest in British labour questions?
§ Sir S. Hoare
pursuant to his reply (OFFICIAL REPORT, 1st December, 1938, col. 580; Vol. 342) supplied the following information:
The following organisations are members of the Co-ordinating Committee for Refugees:
- 1. Catholic Committee for Refugees from Germany.
- 2. Church of England Committee for Non-Aryan Christians.
- 3. German Jewish Aid Committee.
- 4. Inter-Aid Committee for Children coming from Germany.
- 5. International Student Service.
- 6. Society of Friends (Germany Emergency and Austria Committees).
- 7. Society for the Protection of Science and Learning.
- 8. Trades Union Congress and Labour Party.
- 9. International Hebrew Christian Alliance.
- 10. Christian Council for Refugees from Germany.
- 11. British Committee for Refugees from Czechoslovakia.