HC Deb 18 June 1936 vol 313 c1184W

asked the Home Secretary whether, in view of the widespread misapprehension amongst police officers that a "C" licence is required for motor horse-boxes and similar vehicles used only for private purposes, whereas the traffic commissioners refuse to issue such a licence when the vehicle is only used for private purposes, he will send a circular to all police authorities making the position clear?


My right hon. Friend is not aware of any widespread misapprehension amongst police officers on this question. He is, however, causing a circular letter to be sent to Chief Officers of Police advising them that in cases of doubt whether or not a vehicle is being used in connection with any trade or business, the Police should confine themselves to reporting the facts to the licensing authority under the Road and Rail Traffic Act, 1933.

Forward to