HC Deb 13 July 1936 vol 314 cc1683-4W

asked the Minister of Health whether he will communicate with local authorities as to the most urgent claims for playing fields in their respective areas; and will he consider favourably the claims of depressed areas for special treatment?


Yes, Sir. I am always willing to communicate to local authorities on complaints made to me of the inadequacy of playing field provision in their areas. I am aware that in the Special Areas financial assistance is in suitable instances being given under the Special Areas (Development and Improvement) Act, 1934, but if the hon. Member desires further information perhaps he will put a question to my right hon. Friend the Minister of Labour.