HC Deb 19 November 1931 vol 259 c1034W

asked the Minister of Labour the number of foreign musicians and artists now in this country; the average period of their, stay hitherto; and the policy of his Department in sanctioning the continued residence of such artists who are constantly employed?


No statistics are available in regard to foreign musicians and artists now in this country and the average period of their stay. No foreigner is allowed to come into the country for employment unless he is in possession of a Ministry of Labour permit. Such permits are granted only for limited periods; extensions are only allowed by the Home Office after consultation with the Ministry of Labour on the employment aspect.

Forward to