§ Mr. LAWTHER
asked the Attorney-General the names of the advisory committee for Durham county; the dates of their appointment, the qualifications, if any, of their membership; and the date of their last meeting
§ The ATTORNEY-GENERAL
The names of the members of the Advisory Committee in Durham county are as follow:
- His Majesty's Lieutenant: The Most Hon. the Marquess of Londonderry, K.G., M.V.O.
- J. S. G. Pemberton, Esq.
- Lieut.-Colonel Rowland Burdon, J.P., D.L.
- Sir Frank Brown, J.P.
- Mrs. Shafto, O.B.E., J.P.
- Mrs. Fryer.
- Mrs. Gilliland.
- Alderman Charles Macfarlane, J.P.
- The Rev. E. Pace, D.D.
- P. Lee, Esq., J.P.
- W. N. Smith, Esq, J.P.
- Lieut.-Colonel G. N. Stobart, J.P.
The Committee was appointed in July, 1924. The Lord Chancellor has no official notice of the date of the last meeting of the committee. He understands, however, that a meeting has recently been held. My Noble Friend appoints to his advisory committee persons whom he considers best fitted by character, training and experience to advise him.