HC Deb 07 March 1929 vol 226 cc592-3W

asked the Minister of Pensions whether it is the practice of the Ministry of Pensions, when awarding disability pensions to ex-service men resident in Canada, to accept the degree of disablement found by the examining medical boards in that country; if he can furnish any figures of the amount distributed in relief annually to disabled ex-service men of the British forces by the Department of National Health and Pensions in Canada; and if any contribution to this expenditure is borne on the Vote for his Department?


With regard to the first part of the question, the Ministry would ordinarily accept the view of the medical authorities in Canada. With regard to the second part of the question I have no information as to the amount of any relief by way of compassionate grants that may be distributed by the Canadian Government by virtue of domestic legislation to ex-service men of Imperial as distinct from those of other Forces. No contribution to any such expenditure is borne on the Vote of my Department.

Forward to