HC Deb 10 December 1928 vol 223 c1731W

asked the Home Secretary whether he has received a letter from the Monmouthshire County Council complaining that the standing joint committee, as constituted, have power to order the county council to find the funds for the purposes which the council may think unnecessary and which are to be carried out at a cost which the council may think excessive; and will he take steps to amend the Local Government Act, 1888, so as to place in the hands of the council the control of the expenditure now exclusively controlled by the above committee?


I have received the resolution of the county council, but cannot take any action in the sense suggested.

Forward to