§ Mr. BRIANT
asked the Secretary for Mines if permits for coal other than for domestic consumption are granted in a certain order of priority, and, if so, what is that order?
§ Colonel LANE FOX
The following is the list of priority consumers of coal;
List of Priority Consumers of Coal.
- I.—Hospitals, workhouses and similar institutions.
- II.—Domestic consumers (including residential hotels and boarding houses).
- III.—Gas, electricity, water and sewage disposal works.
- IV.—Food producing concerns, including particularly—
- (1) Yeast making (i.e., yeast producing distilleries).
- (2) Milling.
- (3) Baking.
- (4) Cold stores and ice factories.
- (5) Milk factories and depots.
- (6) Municipal cooking.
- (7) Fried fish shops.
- (8) Margarine factories.
- (9) Factories crushing seed for edible oils.
- (10) Sugar refineries.
- (11) Salt refineries.
- (12) Cheese, bacon and jam factories.
- (13) Works producing anhydrous ammonia.
- V.—Newspaper publication and distribution.
- VI.—Schools and similar institutions.
- VII.—Manufacturers of drugs and medicines.