HC Deb 30 October 1918 vol 110 cc1481-2W

asked the Food Controller whether he has notified the manager of Farmer's Flour Mills, recently erected at Kilshane, county Tipperary, Ireland, not to take more than 2 per cent. of bran out of the wheat; whether, in view, of the value of the offal for pig-feeding, he will permit the manager to extract a greater percentage of bran out of the wheat and thereby increase the amount of available feeding-stuffs in this district?


Millers who grind wheat on commission only are allowed to make wheat meal without admixture of diluents if they extract up to 98 per cent. Normally—that is, where he prescribed admixture of diluents is used—they extract up to 75 per cent., leaving 25 per cent. offals.