HC Deb 04 November 1918 vol 110 c1813W

asked the Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies whether, in the case of an officer in the Colonial Service who has volunteered for the Army and has been promoted to staff rank, his pay is made up the Colonial Office to his full rate of Colonial pay; and whether his wife is allowed to draw the children's allowance?


The reply to both parts of my hon. Friend's question is in the affirmative, but as in the case of members of the Home Civil Service serving with the forces, children's allowances are reckoned as part of the military pay of Colonial Civil servants serving as officers in His Majesty's Forces.