HC Deb 26 October 1909 vol 12 cc991-2W
Captain CRAIG

asked the President of the Board of Trade whether he can state if the buoy off Strangford Bar has yet been moved to the new position, as promised would be done by the Irish Lights Commissioners by 1st October; and, if not, can he state the reason, and communicate with the Board the necessity of having the matter attended to at an early date, in view of the fact that bad weather has set in?


I am informed by the Irish Lights Commissioners that their steamer has, for some time past, been in the vicinity awaiting an opportunity to place the buoy in the new position, but that, owing to unfavourable weather it has not yet been possible to carry out the work.