§ 7 Clause 12, page 7, line 27, after 'county' insert:
§ '( ) a county borough in Wales,'.
§ 8 Page 7, line 34, at end insert:
§ 'Alteration of Welsh police areas on local government reorganisation.
§ 21AA.—(1) The Secretary of State shall by order made before 1st April 1996 make such alterations to police areas in Wales as he considers necessary or expedient in connection with the reorganisation of local government in Wales taking place on that date.
§ (2) The alterations that may be made by an order under subsection (1) of this section include alterations that result in a reduction or an increase in the number of police areas, but not alterations that result in the division of any county or county borough between two or more police areas.
§ (3) The Secretary of State shall make an order under subsection (1) of this section only after he has consulted every body within the following paragraphs which is in existence when the order is made—
- (a) the police authorities established under section 3 of this Act for the police areas altered by the order,
- (b) the police authorities which are to be superseded by the police authorities mentioned in paragraph (a) of this subsection;
- (c) the county councils which—
- (i) are the councils of counties wholly or partly within the police areas altered by the order, and
- (ii) are to cease to exist on 1st April 19% by virtue of the Local Government (Wales) Act 1994;
- (d) the councils of the counties and county boroughs established by virtue of that Act which are wholly or partly within the police areas altered by the order;
§ and such other persons as he considers appropriate.'
§ 9 Page 7, line 42, after 'district' insert', county borough'.
§ 10 Page 8, line 32, after '21' insert 'or 21AA'.
§ 11 Page 8, line 44, after '21' insert 'or 21AA'.
§ 12 Page 9, line 15, after '21' insert 'or 21AA'.
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their amendments Nos. 7 to 12 en bloc. I spoke to these amendments when moving Amendment No. 1.
§ Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 7 to 12 en bloc.—(Earl Ferrers.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.