§ [No. 294.]
Schedule 3, page 65, line 11, at end insert—
("51A. The following section is inserted after section 21—
§ "Termination of care order on adoption, etc.
§ 21A. A care order relating to a child shall cease to have effect—
- (a) on the adoption of the child;
- (b) if an order under section 13 or Section (Adoption of children abroad) of the Children Act 1975 is made in relation to the child;
- (c) if an order similar to an order under section (Adoption of children abroad) of the Children Act 1975 is made in Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or any of the Channel Islands in relation to the child."
§ 51B. In section 27—
- (a) in subsection (3), for the words "their general duty aforesaid" there are substituted the words their general duty under section 12(1) of the Children Act 1948";
- (b) the following subsections are substituted for subsection (4)—
§ "(4) Without prejudice to their general duty under the said section 12, it shall be the duty of a local authority to review the case of each child in their care in accordance with regulations made under the following subsection.
§ (5) The Secretary of State may by regulations make provision as to—
- (a) the manner in which cases are to be reviewed under this section;
- (b) the considerations to which the local authority are to have regard in reviewing cases under this section; and
- (c) the time when a child's case is first to be reviewed and the frequency of subsequent reviews under this section.".
51C. In section 58(1) the following passage is inserted after paragraph (b)—
(bb) premises in which a child is living with a person other than his parent, guardian, or relative or custodian, with whom he has been placed by an adoption agency (within the meaning of section 1 of the Children Act 1975);" ")
§ 10.40 p.m.
§ Lord WINTERBOTTOM
My Lords, I beg to move Amendment No. 294 formally. It was discussed with No. 170. It relates to the six-monthly review. My Lords, I beg to move.
§ Moved, That this House doth agree with the Commons in the said Amendment.—(Lord Winterbottom.)