§ THE CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEES (THE EARL OF LISTOWEL)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Second Report from the Select Committee on House of Lords Offices be now considered.
§ Moved accordingly, and, on Question, Motion agreed to.
§ The Committee's Report was as follows:
§ 1. ADMINISTRATION
§ The Committee were informed that The Queen had approved the proposal of the Lord Chancellor that the post of Serjeant-at-Arms should be amalgamated with that of the Gentleman Usher of the Black Rod.
§ 2. YEOMAN USHER OF THE BLACK ROD
§ The Committee authorised the salary of the post of Yeoman Usher of the Black Rod and Deputy Serjeant-at-Arms.524
§ 3. PALACE OF WESTMINSTER
§ The Committee were informed of the appointment of a Security Co-ordinator for duty in the Palace of Westminster. The Committee sanctioned the payment of the proportion of the cost attributable to the House of Lords.
§ 4. PARLIAMENT OFFICE
§ The Clerk of the Parliaments informed the Committee of the appointment of Mr. M. A. J. Wheeler-Booth as Clerk of the Journals in the place of Mr. J. C. Sainty on the transfer of the latter to the University of London, and of the promotion of Mr. P. D. G. Hayter to Senior Clerk.
§ The Committee authorised the payment of a transfer value to the University of London in respect of the service of Mr. Sainty with the House of Lords, under the Superannuation (the Civil Service and the Federated Superannuation System for Universities) Transfer Rules 1953.
§ 5. REVISED SCALES OF PAY
§ The Committee sanctioned the application of the following Establishment Circulars:—
- (a) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 28 dated 20th July, 1970—Pay of the Higher Civil Service;
- (b) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 18 dated 22nd July, 1970—Personal Secretary Class;
- (c) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 16 dated 22nd July, 1970—Typing Grades and Proficiency Payments;
- (d) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 15 dated 20th July, 1970—Security Officers;
- (e) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 27 dated 18th August, 1970—Special Increases;
- (f) D.E.O. (70) (PAY) No. 23 dated 31st July, 1970—Office Keepers
§ 6. HANSARD REPORTING STAFF
§ The Committee authorised the payment of increased charges under the Agreement with Haynes Secretarial Services for the supply of typists for the Reporting of Debates.
§ 7. ESTIMATES
§ The Estimate for the House of Lords for 1971–72 was laid before the Committee and approved.
§ 8. SUPERANNUATION
- (a) Pension and Additional Allowance to Mr. William Thomas Harrison, Principal Doorkeeper, who retires on the 28th February, 1971.
- (b) Gratuity to Mrs. Lucy Mackay, Housemaid, who retired on the 12th September, 1970.
§ THE EARL OF LISTOWEL
My Lords, I beg to move that this Report be agreed to.
Moved, That the Report be agreed to.—(The Earl of Listowel.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.