§ The LORD CHANCELLOR acquainted the House that the following papers having been commanded to be presented to this House by His Majesty had been so presented on the following dates by delivery to the Clerk of the Parliaments, pursuant to order of the House of the 17th of February, 1896, viz.:—
- 1. Marriages, Births, and Deaths (England).—General Abstract for 1900. (March 30.)
- 2. South Africa—
- I. Further correspondence relating to affairs in South Africa (in continuation of [Cd. 420], December, 1900).
- II. Letter from Commandant Louis Botha to Lord Kitchener, dated 13th February, 1901. (April 2.)
- 3. Trade.—Annual statement of trade of United Kingdom with Foreign Countries and British Possessions, for 1900: Volume I. (April 3.)
- 4. Army.—Approximate estimate of expenditure under the Barracks Act of 1890 and Military Works Acts of 1897 and 1899. (April 11.)
- 5. Metropolitan Cattle Market.—Account of moneys received and paid by the Chamberlain of the City of London
876 in relation to the Metropolitan Cattle Market for the year 1900; also an ac count of extraordinary works executed other than general repairs for the same period. (April 11.)
- 6. Explosives—
- I. (Explosion at Chilworth Gunpowder Factory).—Report to the Secretary of State for the Home Department by Major A. Cooper-Key, His Majesty's Inspector of Explosives, on the circumstances attending an explosion which occurred in the corning house at the factory of the Chilworth Gunpowder Company, Limited, at Chilworth, Surrey, on the 12th February, 1901.
- II. (Explosion at Nobel's Explosives Factory at Ardeer, Ayrshire).—Report to the Secretary of State for the Home Department by Captain M. B. Lloyd, His Majesty's Inspector of Explosives, on the circumstances attending an explosion which occurred in one of the dynamite cartridge huts at the factory of Nobel's Explosives Company, Limited, at Ardeer, near Stevenston, in the county of Ayr, on the 29th January, 1901. (April 11.)
- 7. Trade Reports—
- I. Annual Series:
- No. 2568. Germany (German East Africa).
- No. 2569. France (La Rochelle and District). (April 11.)
- No. 2570. United States (Baltimore and District). (April 13.)
- No. 2571. United States (Texas).
- No. 2572. United States (Charleston). (April 17.)
- No. 2573. Greece (The Morea, Acarnania, Etolia).
- No. 2574. Germany (Pomerania).
- No. 2575. Trade of Switzerland for 1900. (April 18.)
- No. 549. German Colonial Estimates for 1901.
- No. 550. Zinc Industry in United States. (April 13.)
- I. Agricultural Statistics of Ireland, with detailed Report for 1900.
- II. Return of prices of Agricultural Products and Live Stock for 1900. (April 19.)
§ The same were ordered to lie on the Table.