§ Lord Bach:
My right honourable friend the Minister of State for Defence (Mr Adam Ingram) has made the following Written Ministerial Statement.
Subsequent to a proposal by the agency's owner, the Second Sea Lord and Commander-in-Chief Naval Home Command, I have today set the 2004–05 key targets for the Naval Recruiting and Training Agency, as follows:
- To deliver RN personnel to the trained strength (or to other training organisations), to the required quality standard, within 5 per cent variance from the tasked requirement.
- To deliver RM recruits to within 2 per cent variance from the tasked requirement.
- To maintain success rates of 95 per cent in career training (including targeted employment modules) and 97 per cent in examined pre-joining training.
- To maintain the trained strength of the Royal Naval Reserve at 2,120, pending review of the trained strength requirement.
- To reduce the cost of the NRTA HQ overhead compared with the 2003–04 baseline figure.
- To achieve net benefits of £15.3 million in financial year 2004–05 from the partnering arrangement with Flagship Training Limited.
- To maintain performance in phase 2 and phase 3 training delivered to Army and Royal Air Force personnel, following establishment of the Defence College of Electro-Mechanical Engineering.