HC Deb 27 October 2003 vol 412 c76WS
Mr. Wray

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what therapeutic services are available for abused children; and if he will make a statement. [133134]

Margaret Hodge

A range of therapeutic services for abused children is provided by statutory agencies as well as by the private and voluntary sectors. If a child is assessed by social services as being a child in need (as defined in the Children Act 1989), social services, together with other relevant agencies, would provide help as part of that child's plan.