§ The Secretary of State for Wales (Mr. Peter Hain)
The Wales Departmental Expenditure Limit will be increased by £1,344,000, from £10,608,142,000 to £10,609,486,000. The increase is a result of:
- (a) £1,957,000 adjustment for Council Tax Benefit and Rural Rate Relief measures;
- (b) £1,368,000 in respect of Countryside Commission for Wales pensions; and
- (c) Net transfers to other Government Departments from the National Assembly for Wales of £1,981,000.
Resources Capital Change New DEL Of which voted Non-voted Change New DEL Of which voted Non-voted 126,848 3,765,954 2,891,954 874,000 500 11,500 11,500 —
The change in the resource element of the DEL arises from:
RfR 1: Eliminating Poverty in Poorer Countries
a transfer of £10,000,000 resource from the Unallocated subhead to the Reducing Poverty in sub-Saharan Africa Grants subhead;
a transfer of £14,000 resource from DFID Reducing Poverty in Asia subhead to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as a contribution to a British Geological Survey visit to Afghanistan;
a transfer of £3,250,000 resource from the Central Reserve to the Reducing Poverty in the Rest of the World Administration subhead;
a transfer of £1,000,000 resource from DEFRA representing a contribution to the Environmental Know-How Fund;2WS
These transfers are as follows:
- (i) £4,168,000 to the Department for Constitutional Affairs in respect of the Wales Office;
- (ii) £137,000 to ODPM for Ordnance Survey Pan Government Agreement (CCW);
- (iii) £410,000 to ODPM for Ordnance Survey Pan Government Agreement (Planning);
- (iv) £90,000 to ODPM for Ordnance Survey Pan Government Agreement (WDA);
- (v) £395,000 from DWP for administration costs of additional financial assessments for Residential Allowances;
- (vi) £97,000 from ODPM for Community Fire Safety;
- (vii) £500,000 from the Home Office for Operation Tarian;
- (viii) £371,000 from the Home Office for Staff Costs;
- (ix) £193,000 from the Home Office for non—pay costs for regional government offices;
- (x) £1,268,000 from the DTI for End of Life Vehicles.
D.E.L provision for the Wales Office of £4,154,000 (net of depreciation) including £3,330,000 for administration costs is included within the limits of the Department for Constitutional Affairs.