§ Mr. Henry Bellingham
To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry what the(a) current and (b) projected levels of funding are from her Department for (i) the Manufacturing Advisory Service and (b) Enterprise Insight. 
§ Jacqui Smith
The information is as follows:
- (i) Manufacturing Advisory Service
- (a) In the current financial year (2004–05) the Department will provide funding of £4 million for the Manufacturing Advisory Service.
- (b) In the following three years, the Department's expenditure in support of the regional operations of the Manufacturing Advisory Service will be £5 million in 2005–06, £6 million in 2006–07, and £6 million in 2007–08, as announced in the 2004 Spending Review. In addition, the Department will also fund a contract to manage the Manufacturing Advisory Service national network over the same period. The size of this contract has not yet been determined.
- (ii) Enterprise Insight
- (a) In the current financial year (2004–05), the Department is providing funding for Enterprise Insight of £753,000.
- (b) This funding will rise to £5 million per annum in 2006–07 and 2007–08, as announced in the 2004 Spending Review.