§ Lord Adebowale
asked Her Majesty's Government:
- (a) how many drug treatment and testing orders (DTTOs) have been made in England and Wales in each year that figures are available; and
- (b) what targets they have set for the years 2004–05 and 2005–06 for the number of DTTOs to be made; and [HL2655]
How many people with additional mental health problems have, since 2000
- (a) received treatment under a drug treatment and testing order (DTTO); and
- (b) successfully completed treatment under a DTTO; and [HL2719]
What plans they have to introduce drug abstinence orders and drug abstinence requirements; and [HL2721]
- (a) how many drug treatment and testing orders (DTTOs) have been made for young people aged 16–18;
- (b) how many young people aged 16–18 have breached DTTOs; and
- (c) how many young people aged 16–18 have successfully completed DTTOs. [HL2722]
§ Baroness Scotland of Asthal
The number of drug treatment and testing orders (DTTOs) made since rollout of the order across England and Wales in October 2000 is:
- 2000–01 (six months)—1,256
The DTTO commencment target for 2004–05 is 13,000 orders, including 1,000 of the new lower intensity variant. This will increase to 16,000 orders in 2005–06, including 4,000 of the lower intensity variant.
Information relating to the number of offenders with mental health problems who have received treatment under a DTTO and have successfully completed this treatment is not centrally available and could be collected only at disproportionate cost.
There are no plans to roll-out drug abstinence orders or drug abstinence requirements as a requirement of a community order. Drug testing will become available as a licence requirement when the relevant section of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 is introduced. Under the new legislation the drug rehabilitation requirement will be introduced, which, similar to the DTTO, does not require abstinence but does require regular drug testing.101WA
According to information held by the Youth Justice Board, which includes unpublished data from 2003–04, 161 DTTOs were made for young people aged 16–17 between April 2000 and March 2004. Information relating to the number of DTTOs made in respect of 18 year olds and the number of breaches and successful completions for 16 to 18 year-olds is not centrally available.