HC Deb 30 January 2004 vol 417 c601W
Mr. Gibb

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the procedures are for claiming industrial injury disablement benefit; and if he will list the claim forms required. [147944]

Mr. Browne

A person wishing to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) in respect of an industrial accident or a prescribed disease should, in respect of an industrial accident, fill in B1 100A and, in respect of prescribed diseases, B1 100B for all diseases apart from Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema (B1 100C); Allergic Rhinitis (Bl 100E); Occupational Asthma (B1 1000A); Occupational Deafness (B1 1000D); and Pneumoconiosis, Byssinosis or asbestos related diseases (B1 100PN).

An appropriate advice leaflet from the series SD6/7/8 will also be sent; a person wishing to claim IIDB should complete the appropriate form and forward it without delay to their local Social Security office.

Copies of all forms referred to are in the Library.