HC Deb 15 January 2004 vol 416 c854W
Mr. Hoyle

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how much earmarked funding has been provided to(a) Lancashire county council and (b) district councils in Lancashire for (i) older people's services and (ii) adults with learning disabilities in each of the last five years for which figures are available. [147855]

Miss Melanie Johnson

The Department does not provide earmarked funds to county councils for services for older people or for adults with learning disabilities. Lancashire county council decides how much to make available for these services from the overall amount provided for adult services by the Department. Lancashire county council will receive a £14 million, or 7.4 per cent., increase for adult personal social services in 2004–05.