HC Deb 13 February 2004 vol 418 c228W
Mrs. Gillan

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what research the Department is carrying out into cannabis-related psychosis. [152708]

Caroline Flint

None. We rely upon the advice of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. The Council's advice is based upon a wide-ranging review of the available research. The Council will continue to monitor the research carefully.

The Department of Health has commissioned research projects during 2002 and 2003 relating to cannabis and other substance misuse and harmful effects. Accordingly, I refer the hon. Member to the reply given by my right hon. Friend, the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (Miss Melanie Johnson), on 27 January 2004, Official Report, column 317W.