HC Deb 13 February 2004 vol 418 cc303-4W
John Barrett

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what estimate he has made of the regional

Mr. Pond

The assessed income period (AIP) applies in pension credit. It is a period, normally five years, during which pensioners aged 65 or more will not need to report to the Pension Service changes to the money they have set aside for their retirement.

There are no plans to introduce similar arrangements for council tax benefit and therefore no estimate of cost has been made However, the requirement for pensioners to complete annual reviews in housing and council tax benefit claims was removed in October 2003, and will be abolished for all other housing and council tax benefit recipients from April 2004.

Mr. Prosser

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if he w ill introduce a single short form specifically for pensioner home owners claiming council tax benefit. [152798]

Mr. Pond

We have already introduced a streamlined housing benefit/council tax benefit claim form for pensioners (HCTBl(PC)), and are currently considering the introduction of a council tax benefit claim form designed specifically for use by pensioners who do not require housing benefit.