HC Deb 12 February 2004 vol 417 c1551W
Mr. Frank Field

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will set out the(a) benefit and (b) tax credit expenditure in the UK for each year since 1996–97, (i) in total and (ii) broken down by (A) contributory, (B) non-contributory and (C) income-related benefits. [154740]

Dawn Primarolo

The information sought on benefit expenditure is available on the Department for Work and Pensions' website, at http://www.dwp.gov.uk/asd/ asd4/Table3.xls

The information on expenditure on working families and disabled persons tax credits from 1999–2000 to 2002–03 is presented in the Inland Revenue's Annual Reports for the years 2000–01 to 2002–03. These are available on the Inland Revenue's website, at www.inlandrevenue.go.uk.

Back to
Forward to