HC Deb 09 February 2004 vol 417 c1188W
Mrs. Calton

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what arrangements will be made for the repayment of fees by graduates who choose to leave the country and work overseas. [152412]

Alan Johnson

Well established procedures already exist for recovery of loans from graduates living and working outside of the UK. When taking out a loan, all students sign a declaration agreeing to repay, even if they move abroad, and SLC have a range of sanctions that can be imposed on any defaulters.