§ Mr. Webb
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the(a) lowest, (b) highest and (c) average salary is for full-time members of staff in (i) his Department, (ii) Jobcentre Plus, (iii) the Child Support Agency, (iv) the Pension Service, (v) the Disability and Carers Service and (vi) the Appeals Service. 1343W
§ Maria Eagle
The information is in the following table:
Lowest, highest and average salaries in DWP, 2003 £ DWP Business Lowest Highest Average DWP Corporate Centre 9,900 124,800 23,549 Jobcentre Plus 9,900 124,800 19,047 Child Support Agency 9,900 124,800 16,871 The Pension Service 9,900 124,800 17,427 Disability and Carers Service 9,900 124,800 17,363 The Appeals Service 9,900 124,800 17,734 DWP overall 9,900 124,800 18,890
1. The lowest salary is the minimum of the Band A (Administrative Assistant) national pay scale on 30 June 2003,before implementation of the proposed 2003 pay award. The highest is the maximum current Senior Civil Service (SCS) salary in DWP as a whole—including the highest in each Business may identify individuals' salaries. They are basic rates and exclude allowances, bonus payments and pension contributions.
Staff numbers and salary bands in DWP 2003 DWP Corporate Centre staff Jobcentre Plus staff Child Support Agency staff The Pensions Service staff Clerical support 4,806 46,152 7,262 13,031 Management 5,594 33,673 3,307 6,136 Senior management 631 525 82 126 Senior civil service 135 54 13 23 Total 11,166 80,404 10,664 19,316
Disability and Carers Service staff Appeals Service staff DWP staff Minimum salary (£) Maximum salary (£) Clerical support 4,331 622 76,204 9,900 18,550 Management 2,538 217 51,465 15,220 34,870 Senior management 31 12 1,407 32,210 60,990 Senior civil service 1 2 228 52,403 124,800 Total 6,901 853 129,304 — —
1. Clerical support covers staff employed in Band A/Administrative Assistant, Typist, Personal Secretary, Band B/Administrative Officer, Typing Manager and Senior Personal Secretary.
2. Management covers staff employed in Band C/Executive Officers, Band D/Higher Executive Officers, Chief Typing Managers, Social Fund Inspectors and Band E/Senior Executive Officers.
3. Senior Management covers staff employed in Band F/Grade 7 and Band G/Grade6.
4. Specialist staff e.g. accountants, lawyers, statisticians and support grades who do not fit within the broad descriptions have been excluded from the above data. Permanent Secretaries have also been excluded.
5. All staff numbers are Whole Time Equivalents.
6. Band minimum and band maximum for staff below SCS are 2002 rates. The 2003 pay settlement has not yet been finalised or fully implemented. For staff below SCS the minimum is the rate for the national payband and the maximum is the rate for the Inner London payband.
DWP Payroll Systems (Dataview December 2003)