HC Deb 09 February 2004 vol 417 cc1201-2W
Tim Loughton

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many different types of children's specialist nurse there are. [145692]

Dr. Ladyman:

The Department of Health does not hold this information centrally.

The Nursing and Midwifery Council only records the following post-registration specialist qualifications relevant to children: school nursing and community children's nursing. There are a wide range of children's specialist nurses working in the National Health Service in posts developed in response to local needs, for example: specialists in intensive care; neonatology; dermatology; child protection and diabetes.