§ Mrs. Lait
To ask the Deputy Prime Minister if he will list those individuals and organisations(a) to whom (i) his Department, (ii) its executive agencies and (iii) the non-departmental public bodies for which his Department is responsible sent a copy of the consultation, 'Hedge height and light loss' and (b) from whom each received a response. 
§ Yvette Cooper
'High hedges and light loss' was produced under contract by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) for the Department. Consultation on the draft version of this guidance was not carried out either by the Department. its executive agencies or a non-departmental public body. BRE sent out copies of `Hedge height and light loss' for consultation (either electronically or on paper) to the organisations listed as follows. It was also published on the Department's website in April 2001. Those organisations marked with an asterisk submitted detailed responses to consultation, as did a number of individuals (15). mainly people whose houses and gardens were overshadowed by hedges.
The report 'High hedges. daylight and sunlight', also prepared by BRE, explains how the guidance was developed and modified in the light of the consultation responses. Copies of 'Hedge height and light loss' and `High hedges, daylight and sunlight' are on the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister's website at: www.odpm.gov.uk/treesandhedges and are available in the Libraries of the House.
The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister will shortly be consulting on regulations under the Anti-social Behaviour Act relating to high hedges.
- Arboricultural Association
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Officers
- Cornwall County Council
- Delva Patman Associates
- East Dorset District Council
- Elmbridge Borough Council
- Gardening Which?
- Horticultural Trades Association
- Islington London Borough Council
- Kent County Council
- Landscape Institute
- Local Government Association
- London Borough of Bromley
- Mediation UK
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux
- National Association of Tree Officers
- North West Tree Officers Group
- Poole Borough Council
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Royal Horticultural Society
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Tendring District Council
- Thames Valley Tree Officers Forum
- The London Tree Officers' Association
- Town and Country Planning Association
- Westminster City Council.