§ Baroness Hilton
asked Her Majesty's Government:
When they will be publishing the Winter Supplementary Estimate 2003–04 for the Security and Intelligence agencies. [HL66]
§ The Lord President of the Council (Baroness Amos)
Subject to parliamentary approval of any necessary Supplementary Estimate, the Security and Intelligence agencies' DEL will be increased by £39,176,000 from £1,458,270,000 to £1,497,446,000 and the administration costs limits will be increased by £7,949,000 from £558,375,000 to £566,324,000. Within the DEL change, the impact on resources and capital are set out in the following table.
New DEL Change Voted Non-voted Total Resource 35,161,000 1,105,287,000 11,750,000 1,117,037,000 Capital 4,015,000 516,009,000 5,000,000 521,009,000 Depreciation¹ — –140,600,000 — 140,600,000 Total 39,176,000 1,480,696,000 16,750,000 1,497,446,000 ¹ Depreciation, which forms part of resource DEL, is excluded from the total DEL since capital DEL includes capital spending and to include depreciation of those assets would lead to double counting.
The change in the resource element of the DEL arises from:
- 1. The take up of £10,875,000 for serious crime funding. This was allocated to the Home Office at SR2000.
- 2. A claim on the reserve of £21,300,000 for work in Iraq.
- 3. The take-up of end-of-year flexibility of £3,000,000.
- 4. A transfer of £154,000 to Her Majesty's Customs and Excise (HMCE) for a building which is solely used by HMCE staff.
- 5. A switch from capital to resource of £145,000.
- 6. A decrease of £5,000 resource due to a reduction of £5,000 in the forecast loss on sale of an asset. This is a non-cash item.
- 7. A transfer from non-voted DEL to voted DEL of £2,000,000.
- 8. A further increase in resource of £5,015,000. This is offset by an increase of £5,015,000 operating appropriations in aid.
The change in the capital element of the DEL arises from:
- 1. A claim on the reserve of £3,700,000 for work in Iraq.
- 2. A transfer of £460,000 from the Cabinet Office.
- 3. A switch from capital to resource of £145,000.
- 4. A further increase in capital of £5,000. This is offset by an increase in non-operating appropriations in aid of £5,000.