HC Deb 10 November 2003 vol 413 c127W
Mr. John Taylor

To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether self-funded residents in care homes whose income is above the maximum amount that qualifies for pension credit will receive a flat rate of savings credit. [137133]

Dr. Ladyman

Self-funders in care homes do not receive any savings disregard. The savings disregard only applies to council supported residents. Self funders in care homes would receive the exact level of pension credit to which they were entitled.

Back to