HC Deb 13 May 2003 vol 405 c165W
Mr. Gardiner

To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry which Government Department is responsible for the enforcement and monitoring of arms licences(a) outside and (b) within the UK; and which civil servants are tasked with enforcement. [112365]

Nigel Griffiths

Foreign and Commonwealth Office officials in overseas posts are asked to monitor goods exported under licence where appropriate. HM Customs and Excise are responsible for enforcement of UK export controls. Officials from the Export Control Organisation in the DTI monitor compliance with the terms of open export licences.

Forward to