HC Deb 23 June 2003 vol 407 cc582-3W
Mr. Paul Marsden

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what proportion of mothers of babies he estimates suffer from depression. [120103]

Ms Rosie Winterton

The Department does not keep central records on the diagnosis of those receiving mental health services, except in cases where an admission to hospital has occurred. However, information on the overall prevalence of mental ill health among adults living in private households is available from the Office for National Statistics at www.statistics.gov.uk.

Forward to