HC Deb 10 July 2003 vol 408 cc977-8W
Mr. Webb

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions pursuant to his oral answer of 7 July 2003,Official Report, columns 735–36, on pension credit reassessments, what will constitute a significant change in circumstances which will have to be reported to the Pensions Service by a recipient of the pension credit. [124825]

Malcolm Wicks

Significant changes that must be reported to the Pension Service by a pension credit recipient are: marriage or cohabitation; death, divorce or separation of a partner; change of name, address or payment location details; changes to any paid work; going into or coming out of hospital, a care home or prison; going abroad; changes in household composition, changes to certain housing costs, joining a religious order and changes to caring responsibilities.

Customers whose pension credit entitlement is fixed for five years do not have to report any changes to their occupational or private pensions and annuities or capital.